I just ran into a weird bug where all my browsers weren’t obeying my host file setting. This happened in Windows XP Pro with Chrome, Firefox, and IE. A console ping showed the correct IP however the browsers were still using the DNS reply. After opening the hosts file I found that I had duplicated an entry which aparently causes some sort of wacky issue. Removing the duplicate fixed the issue.
He talks about the history of PHP and HipHop which is used by Facebook.
While working on a project in an Ubuntu 9.10 VM I was checking out a branch and accidentally tabbed twice. To my pleasant surprise all of my branches were listed. I quickly googled and found that this functionality has been available all along! It turns out the Ubuntu deb provides this functionality via git-completion.
In any event, if you haven’t enabled this, you should do it now. It’s increased my productivity by at least elevendy percent.